Action Alert Archives
- THE A. PHILIP RANDOLPH INSTITUTE DEMANDS THAT PATRIOT, ARCH AND PEABODY LIVE UP TO THEIR CONTRACTED OBLIGATIONS TO ACTIVE AND RETIRED MINERS
Act by Thursday, April 11, 2013
The A. Philip Randolph Institute (APRI) Resolution demanding Patriot, Arch, and Peabody live up to their obligations to active and retired... more...
- Walmart: End the Corruption and the Cover-Up
Act by Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Walmart Associate Creates Online Petition Calling for CEO Mike Duke and Board Chairman Rob Walton to Resign
- Justice for Trayvon Martin Rally
Act by Monday, March 26, 2012
The Paul C. Perkins Bar Association in conjunction with the family and representatives of Trayvon Martin are hosting a Community Forum moderated by Roland Martin prior to the Justice Rally.
- APRI & NAACP Condemns the Scheduled Execution of Troy Davis
Act by Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Dear APRI Leadership: In just a few days, a man may die because of flaws in the United States Justice System. Many of you may be aware of... more...
- We Are One: A Stand of Solidarity
Act by Saturday, April 9, 2011
APRIL 4 DAY OF ACTION In Wisconsin, Gov. Scott Walker has just signed into law legislation stripping workers of their rights... more...
- Nationwide bank protests will deliver the message: JP MORGAN CHASEóMORALLY BANKRUPT!!
Act by Friday, March 18, 2011
Press Advisory At noon on Friday, February 4, activists from religious, human rights, labor, and community groups will gather outside... more...
- Civil Rights & Labor Organizations Announce Boycott to Protest Arizona Immigration Law
Act by Friday, December 31, 2010
In the wake of Arizona Governor Jan Brewerís decision to sign SB 1070, state legislation that essentially sanctions racial profiling as accepted... more...
- EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE: Benefits Program Ends Nov. 30, 2010
Act by Tuesday, November 30, 2010
ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!! EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE: BENEFITS PROGRAM WILL END NOVEMBER 30, 2010
- Statement of Support on Healthcare Reform
Act by Monday, November 30, 2009
Stand Up for Healthcare Reform in October Demonstrate your public support for this vitally important issue by initiating Healthcare... more...
- NOVEMBER 5 - A DAY OF ACTION FOR HEALTHCARE REFORM
Act by Thursday, November 5, 2009
APRI Members,... more...
- APRI Activists!! Call Senators In Key States
Act by Friday, September 25, 2009
On Wednesday, Senator Baucus (D-MT), Chair of the Senate Finance Committee released a deeply flawed health care reform bill that fails to meet the... more...
- Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC) Needs Our Help!!
Act by Friday, April 3, 2009
ACTION ALERT Tobacco farm workers primarily migrant workers from Mexico are seeking to gain dignity, respect... more...
- APRI STRONGLY SUPPORTS FEDERAL ASSISTANCE TO AMERICAN AUTO MAKERS
Act by Wednesday, December 10, 2008
THE ISSUE: While estimates may vary, the tremendous impact of a major contraction involving one or more of the Detroit Three automakers in... more...
- To all APRI Activists: New Voter Registration Goal
Act by Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Leaders, We have just over a week before most states close their rolls to new voters for the 2008 elections. There is an estimated 8... more...
- APRI ISSUE ADVISORY
Act by Monday, December 31, 2007
APRI ISSUE ADVISORY This advisory is to provide you with information regarding recent issues surrounding our trade union brothers and... more...